IEI Barge Services serves a strong and growing industrial base along the Mississippi River. IEI Barge Services specializes in the unloading, storing and loading of dry bulk commodities to and from barge, rail and truck.
Clients can custom-tailor a materials-handling package to meet their individual specifications. We provide the facilities and expertise our clients need with the flexibility to handle distribution challenges.
IEI Barge Services does not provide barge movement or freight services. For all other general information or pricing inquiries, please contact Joe Bitter at (815) 747-3161 or by email at email@example.com
Our facility in East Dubuque, Ill., has 120 acres of property surrounding a 20-acre protected harbor. We offer 150,000 square feet of inside storage, as well as room to develop facilities to handle your specific needs. IEI Barge Services is located on U.S. Highway 20 at mile 574.5 on the upper Mississippi River. We also have convenient rail access to Chicago and Omaha via the Canadian National Railway.
18525 Hwy. 20 West East Dubuque, IL 61025 Phone: (815) 747-3161
IEI Barge is equipped with rail car and barge loading/unloading equipment to handle the toughest jobs:
- Bottom-dump unit train unloading system transfers product direct to barge or ground storage at a rate of more than 1,000 net tons per hour
- Two barge unloading docks provide easy access to 150,000 square feet of inside storage or – via portable conveying equipment – many acres of outside storage
- Four front-end loaders
- Heavy-lift capability for barge loading and unloading
- Contract trucking services
- Truck scale with 70-foot, 100-ton capacity to ensure proper loading of trucks
The IEI Barge terminal handles a wide variety of products throughout the tri-state area with a virtually limitless capacity due to our room to grow.
Bulk products put through our terminal include:
- Dry bulk fertilizer
- Steel products
- Cotton seed
- Pig iron
- Animal feed products
IEI Barge Services can custom-tailor a service package to meet your needs, and we strive to preserve long-term relationships with our customers.