Utility Crossing Contacts and Forms

A licensee or its agents, contractors, or subcontractors performing activities on CRANDIC right-of-way shall provide to CRANDIC an insurance policy for Railroad Protective Liability Insurance or similar coverage in the amount of two million dollars ($2,000,000).

The licensee as well as any agents, contractors, or subcontractors performing activities on CRANDIC premises shall also maintain commercial general liability insurance coverage throughout the term of this license and any extensions thereof. In addition, such insurance shall contain limits not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000).

Other requirements

The following documents must be filled out and submitted for all underground and overhead crossings:

CRANDIC License to Construct Questionnaire (Microsoft Word)

Iowa Overhead Wireline Crossing Form

Iowa Underground Wireline Crossing Form

Iowa Nonflammable Pipeline Crossing Form

Iowa Flammable Pipeline Crossing Form

Crossing fees must be submitted per  Chapter 42 requirements. Completed forms should be sent electronically or by U.S. mail to:

Utility Crossing Requests 
c/o CRANDIC Railway Co.
1445 Rockford Rd. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA  52404



Passenger Rail

We are proud to partner with local and state municipalities on transportation solutions that benefit our growing communities.

Learn More

Economic Development

Expanding or relocating your business? We are poised for new development opportunities in the greater Cedar Rapids area.

Learn More